Monday, September 18, 2006

The Saturday Baby Bazaar

Friday night my best friend Curt calls up... "There's a mom's sale up by us this weekend. They have lots of clothes & other baby stuff. We are planning to go, would you like to join us?"

"Sure," I reply, " we're always up for a little baby stuff shopping and it would be nice to see you guys. Is this thing like a garage sale?"

"A little larger", Curt replies, "oh, and they take credit cards. It starts at 9, but we'd like to get there 15 minutes or so early, if that's ok with you."

"See you then", I answer and think to myself 'do we really need to get their early?'

Fast forward to 8:45 Saturday morning - location, a nearby Elementary school. This is when I realize this sale is definitely NOT a garage sale. First clue - the school parking lot is full. Second clue - the 400 or so people waiting outside. Third clue - people were bringing laundry baskets to carry their purchases.

After waiting in line for a few minutes we get inside. The ENTIRE elementary school is filled with baby and kids stuff, including the gym and cafeteria. The people, while determined, were remarkably well-behaved. As for the shopping, both couple did very well. As did the other 500 individuals we were there with. I would highly recommend attending one of these if they have them in your neighborhood.

After shopping, we had lunch and the wives decided to go shopping. The husbands stayed home and watched football (so stereotypical) as well as Curt and Shannon's one-year-old girl. This, of course, led to some interesting conversations "Did you see that touchdown??" "Do you see the duckie?" Everybody had a great time, though, and we can't wait to see them again!

3 Comments:

Blogger R&H said...

That sounds like so much fun! I love a good sale! What did you get?
I'd be running around like a maniac grabbing all the cute stuff I saw! lol

8:04 PM  
Blogger M said...

Heather (and other curious readers),
We picked up a changing pad, some small toys, and a bunch of cute outfits.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Martiel said...

I litterally laughed out loud when I read this post! lol.

I can only imagine the huge rummage sale going on and you two showing up thinking it was just a garage sale size, maybe bigger like a block sale? but no, the whole school property size sale of kids stuff! Wild! And I know you and your thrifty-ness! Get out the spray paint! '^)

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home